Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 15 | 365


SURPRISE!!
So, my day started out like a typical Saturday...wake up, get the kids ready to go to church, and this Saturday get them packed up for a weekend over at Grandma and Grandpa's. Me and the hubby were very excited to have a weekend to ourselves and to hang out and relax. Well, since our little girl was sick on my birthday we were going to go out and enjoy a nice quiet dinner just the two of us and I couldn't be more excited after the past month of craziness we have had. It was nice to have the break.

It was a great day. We got home from church and shockingly Vince said he wanted to clean the house since he had people coming over for the Bears game Sunday (so he said). I took advantage of it and I went out and snapped some photos outside at a nearby lake still having no clue of what was taking place. I got home and was amazed how well Vince did at cleaning in the short amount of time and thought he should do this more often. lol Well, we were on our way to dinner and I was just excited to enjoy a dinner that I didn't have to cook or clean up after and I get to come home to a nice clean house...the night couldn't possibly get better?! Well, it did!

Apparently there were family members at our house while we went to dinner decorating like mad and setting up food and waiting for my return. Well, dinner didn't go as planned...took a little longer to get seated and fed so our family and friends were waiting a little longer than planned. So, here we are done with dinner and are heading home while I am telling Vince that I just can't wait to get home, put on comfy pants, and relax on the couch watching a movie...he just nonchalantly nods his head in agreement probably chuckling under his breath and nervously hoping that everything goes off without a hitch. We pull into the driveway and make our way to the door and I enter into wonderful screams of "SURPRISE!" and a house fully decorated and full of delicious food and desserts. I was completely shocked and so grateful to all that helped pull it off. I have to say I have the best husband and the best family and friends!

What a way to make a memorable birthday!


-Jenny-

No comments:

Post a Comment